DIY Homemade Mask for Dry or Dehydrated skin

   I know, this isn't related to Jaemin or NCT at all, but today, I'm going to share with you a facial mask I've been using regularly for a while now. Before we start, here is some information about my skin that you should know:
      1. I have dry skin
      2. It has a tendency to be flaky, especially at the tip of my nose and on my cheeks
      3. I have bangs so my forehead is slightly oily
      4. I sleep on my right side so my right cheek is acne prone
      5. Around my period, I normally get a small pimple around my lip
   Okay, that's it! But...one more thing. I am not a dermatologist and am not educated on skin health. Whatever I've learnt, I've learnt from experience. What works for me may not work for you. What works for you may not work for me. My advice should NEVER be used as an alternative to professional advice. 
   Now that that's out of the way, here's what I used. 
        1. Powdered milk
        2. Apple cider vinegar (I once also used rice water and it worked fine)
        3. Turmeric powder
        4. Water
        5. Soaked tea leaves
    I haven't given a quantity for any ingredient because I normally just eyeball them as I see fit. Howver, I suggest that you do it this way: 
        *Dilute apple cider vinegar with about four or five parts water   
        *Add milk powder to form a paste
        *Add turmeric just about as much as you added vinegar
        *Make tea using a tea bag, squeeze the remaining water out OR do not squeeze and use less water to dilute the vinegar
    When you're done measuring, just mix it all up and put it on your face. Most of the time, I try to wait for at least 15 minutes, but sometimes when I'm lazy I keep it on for only 10 minutes. You'll know when you're done. Just let your intuition guide you and trust your gut! When it feels like everything has been absorbed, you're done! It's not compulsory to wait 10-15 minutes.  When you're done, just dampen your face a bit and scrub gently and massage. Make sure to wash everything off - tea leaves can stick to your face! 
    Every time I use this, I notice that my pores become smaller and less obvious. My face feels hydrated and looks very bright. Make sure to moisturize. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Jaemin Day!

About me